Castle Primary School

'Adventure Together; Learn Forever'

See info about Breakfast Club changes from 16 April 24. First day of term - Tuesday 16th April

Are you a member of the EU,EEA or Swiss Citizen? Are you prepared for BREXIT?

Brexit Information 

The Department for Education has provided important advice for schools on how to prepare for

Brexit.  Here is their advice with links to follow if you are staff, parent or carer of pupils who are EU, EEA or Swiss citizens then you need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 2020.

The EU Settlement Scheme

Read the guidance on EU Settlement Scheme to find out who needs to apply.


If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021. If your application is successful, you’ll get either settled or pre-settled status.   The EEA includes the EU countries and also Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.

You may be able to stay in the UK without applying - for example, if you’re an Irish citizen or have indefinite leave to remain.

Sign up for email updates Click here to enter your email address and receive updates.

When you can apply

The EU Settlement Scheme is open. You can apply now if you meet the criteria.

The deadline for applying is 30 June 2021.

Which status you get may depend on when you apply.

If the UK leaves the EU without a deal

You will need to be living in the UK before it leaves the EU to apply. The deadline for applying will be 31 December 2020.    Fees:   It’s free to apply to the scheme. This guide is also available in 26 European languages  This information has been copied from  if any of the links do not work, please access the website.